Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

I have a child arrangement order for my daughter with her

I have a child arrangement order for my daughter with her father. When he has her he is meant to have constant supervision, by his parents or brother, due to a medical condition (stated in the cao). He has now informed me that he has started a new job and will be working 9-4 tomorrow. I am meant to be taking my daughter to him 10-4 tomorrow for contact. He has told me his parents will look after her. Do I still have to take her as he won't actually be there and the cao says 'mother is responsible to make sure contact with father happens on these specific dates'

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and here to assist.

I would suggest that, whilst you do not have to take your daughter for contact tomorrow, as the order is for contact with her father, not her grandparents, that if this is a one off due to the new job there would be nothing harmful for your daughter in you taking her for contact with her grandparents in lieu, on the proviso that this doesn't happen again. If it is going to be a regular occurrence, then you should apply to amend the order as he is not able to fulfil his side of the agreement and ultimately it is your daughter who will suffer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** starting overnight contact Saturday 9am to Sunday 5pm in a few weeks and he has told me that his job will be Saturday 6pm to midnight so won't be home till 1am. This in turn would mean his parents will be getting her to bed and looking after her during the night, would this be something to go back to court to get sorted?

Absolutely, yes.

Despite my advice about this week, in the long term, contact is for him, not his parents.

I would get back to court before the overnights are due to happen, as there is no benefit to your daughter to be going to see her father when he is not actually physically there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help, would you advise contact to happen tomorrow and then I should contact my solicitor monday?

Yes, exactly that.

I think in the circumstances that might be the fairest approach.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help

No problem, my pleasure, I'd appreciate you accepting my response and providing a positive rating so I can be credited with assisting you this evening.

Kind regards,

Peter