Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I was with my partner for 7 years, he is legal guardian for

Customer Question

I was with my partner for 7 years, he is legal guardian for his granddaughter, I was her main carer, we split up in March, due to his violence and lack of support, what are my rights now especially regarding his grandaughter
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

Let me see if I can help. If he is refusing to allow you to spend time with the child then you should apply to the court for a child arrangements order. This can be done on a form c100. He would be an application for you to spend time with the child (you would also need to apply for permission to make the application but in light of your relationship to the child this should not be a problem). I have also to help you attached a link to a great book on amazon for a tenner which explains the court process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars for my time

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is not refusing at the moment, but is very aggressive towards me when dropping her off and collecting her last week he injured my hand as he drove off while I still had hold of the car door, the aggression always happens infront of his grandaughter who is adhd, has separation anxiety and foetal alcohol syndrome, she visits me telling me I'm the only person she trusts and she is scared of grandad
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry I can't afford to call I'm not at work at the moment due toy hand injury

Thats fine. I would report the aggression to the police. I also think that reading the book would help you. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks