How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35577
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I think I have a question that is related to both family law

Customer Question

Hello I think I have a question that is related to both family law and criminal law. Basically one of my partner's daughters has made allegations against myself regarding sexual abuse and also against my partner regarding physical abuse which are both completely false. Social services have been involved and deemed that we are risk to all children involved even though only one child has made the allegations and the other 4 children involved have said the opposite. Social services have asked that my partner be supervised where I have been asked to remove myself from the family home to which we have both adhered to. The police investigation is expected to be completed next week and they have already stated that the allegations are too inconsistent and expect to close the investigation to no conclusion. However until then I only have bi-weekly contact with my children at a designated contacted. I am ready to go to court as I have been treated without any respect or dignity which is contrary to the social services website but more importantly I want to be back home with my children. Social services haven't even spoke to me or questioned me. Everything has been directed through my partner. My question is related to my current contact with my children. I am loathe to even attend these contact centres as it is a very degrading experience. I would prefer to call the children via phone than having to endure a contact centre therefore my question is if I do not attend the arranged meeting at the contact centre what would be the consequences of not doing so? Would this have a negative effect?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Is it a centre where the contact is one to one with a supervisor?

How old are your children?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
correct it is a supervised centre. The children are aged 4, 11, 12 and 14.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

It is never wise to refuse contact - especially face to face contact.

I do understand your feelings - but it is up to you to take things with you that will engage the children and give them some quality time with you whatever the circumstance.

Any failure to attend will certainly be used against you - and of course will deprive you and the children of precious time together

I am sorry - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK understood. What if I go and see the children in my own time in their own home? I have been advised not to do that because social services see me as a risk even though I have done nothing wrong and the police certainly feel that I have done nothing wrong. Obviously this goes against what social services want me to do but the fact is I don't agree with the protection plan that has been put in place. I have not agreed to it. What are the consequences of that? I actually want to go to court to clear my name and contest all the lies that have been said about me. I actually have witnesses to prove otherwise because I now know the specifics of the allegations. What are the ramifications of not following the protection plan? Do I have any rights? Thanx
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.


Oh please please do not do that - if you do that you will face a great deal more hassle than you already are and there is a real risk of the children being lifted into emergency care - which is not something you wish to risk.

I understand the frustration but there is no way Social Services can simply believe you and it takes time to go through the process

You have to be patient and co-operative at all times despite what you are feeling inside

Any attempt to sidestep things will actually be seen as a sign of guilt