How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2485
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

In financial matters what type of things appear in the list

Customer Question

in financial matters what type of things appear in the list of disputed matters filed at court ?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: form e
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: yes - in coventry
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: in her form e ex wife makes allegations which are untrue but which i feel have little bearing on the case - do i respond to them or stick to the finances
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

A Form E is the financial statement and may list items such as bank accounts or assets and a commentary next to them. I would reply and state the facts, i.e. list your assets and any liabilities. I would leave any commentary and you will have the opportunity to put your case forward in a witness statement.

The Form E is supposed to be a screenshot of your financial situation and is there to assist the parties to reach a settlement, or if no settlement is achieved, to assist the court in deciding a financial settlement.

I hope this helps.
If you can accept the answer and give a star rating. I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A's at no extra charge.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi - I have received wife's form e and now have to raise questions - my issue is that there are accusations in her statement which do not seem relevant - such that I have been giving money to another woman - although true they are in form of drinks and meals not cash and I have received more a lot more than I paid. I am anxious to stick to finances and not get involved in these types of argument.So question is - do i mention them in my questionnaire on her form e that I have to file ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 months ago.

No, I would stick to the sums involved and list them on the Form E.

In relation to the sums, you can say where they were sent or how you received money but try to keep it factual.