13262538

Married my second wife before 1st wife divorce final, now

Customer Question

Married my second wife before 1st wife divorce final , now it’s divorce final is my second marriage legal and can we legally live as man and wifeI readyou have already remarried, that is, you have married before an order of annulment was actually made by the court, your second marriage may have appeared invalid and bigamous. However, once the annulment order is granted, your second marriage is validated, as your first marriage has now been declared invalid.Not sure if this means now I’m divorced from first wife that my second marriage can now be legally recognised
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Just for clarity.

You were living and married in Scotland, then got married again in Ghana before divorcing your wife

You wish to know if your Ghanaian marriage is automatically valid in the Uk now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We were separated and in final stages of divorce I thought it was complete now it has been finalised for 6 months I want to know if now divorced to 1st wife is our Ghana marriage deemed legal as we do not know what to do as I read that if finalised. The second and now only marriage would then be deemed legal
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that money for two lines of advise
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

I am afraid that you will have to remarry your second wife if you wish your marriage to her to be legal in the UK

I am afraid the fact that the first marriage has ended doe snot make the second marriage now legal

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My second wife has taken my surnameHow do we remarryDo we need to divorce unullOr can we just marry as not legally married and if so the fact that her passport has my surname , will this be a problem , we are desperate to sort this mistake out and be legalPlease help
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

YOu can remarry here or abroad

You do not need a divorce if you marry here as your marriage is not recognised

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will we have a problem as my second wife name already changed to mt surname so think this might be a problem as we really want to sort this issueThanks
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

No that will not be a problem at all

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But will they not ask why she has same surname as me as not her maiden name
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

They will accept that she changed it after your marriage in Ghana - it will not be a problem

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But if they know that then they will know that we got married in Ghana before I was divorced so then we will have problem no . As if it were legal in Ghana we could not get another marriage licenceSo if we were to marry in uk or another we are basically admitting bigamy and would be open to prosecution
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Could we pay for a consultation so I can sort this out as we cannot afford to make more mistakes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you saying that we can say to UK , that we got married in Ghana she changed name but marriage not legal because divorce not final and therefore we could get leaglly married in UK or another country and we would ahve no problem with UK authorities or when applying for spouse visa as our children all three have uk passports
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying.