13262538

I have a court order for global maintenance. My ex husband

Customer Question

I have a court order for global maintenance. My ex husband has written to me saying he is going to stop paying this but his circumstances have not changed, if anything got better for him. What can I do if he does?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are your children and how much does your ex earn?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi ClareMy children are now 21, 19 and 16. 2 are at university and do not see their father at all, their choice and something I have tried to address. The youngest is at school and lives full time with me.The order is also a joint lives order.I know he has every right to changed the amount but due to it being a court order I thought he had to apply to courts for a variation. He should also increase it in line with RPI which he has never done.He earns in excess of £200k a year and has 4 properties which he rents.I just need to know what I do if he just stops payments.Kindest regards.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

He does indeed have to apply for a variation 9although from what you have said it seems unlikely that he would get one!)

If he stops or reduces the payment then you can apply to enforce the arrears using the form here

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/688044/d50k-eng.pdf

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details