How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I wanted a bit of advise before I decide to appoint a

Customer Question

HiI wanted a bit of advise before I decide to appoint a solicitor, i'm a married lady age 48, been married for 14 years but living together for 24 years, I have 2 children age 23 and 16, my husband has been having a so called affair for about 4 years i I understand and wanted to know if I was to serve him divorce papers what would I be entitled too, my name is ***** ***** the mortgage, we have 2 businesses and my name is ***** ***** any of those even though i am very much involved in these businesses and have been from the start of both, im scared that cause my name is ***** ***** anything that I will end up with nothing, could you give me a bit of advise.Thank you
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

How much are the assets worth and what income do you each have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I don't have an income I just do bits for both companies, the one company has only been going for just over a year and is an online company and the other company has been going since September 2008 which is a building company, our house is worth about £600,00 + we had it valued over about 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't have a call as my husband see the bills
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just want a bit of advise to what I would be entitled too
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry about the site popups

The length of your relationship means that the starting point for division of ALL the assets is 50/50 and it is possible that you will also get spouse maintenance

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details