Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have an ongoing child arrangement case and fact finding

Customer Question

HiI have an ongoing child arrangement case and fact finding hearing is only few weeks away. All the proofs of mental and physical child abuse against my ex are submitted to court and also exchanged with ex's solicitor along with my statement.There is an interim contact order from court for supported child meeting between ex and also via one video call per week. Ex has misused both mediums to play with child's brain, which is abuse of his feelings.What will be my rights in upcoming fact finding hearing? Will I be able to bring this to court's notice even though it was not in original agenda of fact finding? If I do, my ex is going to deny it. So will I be able to show further proofs to prove ongoing abuse (those proofs were obtained after I submitted and exchanged fact finding material) ?Thanks.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 days ago.

Is it recorded in any contact notes?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry, i dont get the question. Fact finding is for previous physical and mental abuse. But the incidents I asked in this question, happened after the fact finding statements were exchanged. But i want to bring these incidents into court's notice as court ordered interim contact order is being used to further abuse the child.

Ok. You can apply to the court to amend the fact finding schedule. You can do this on a C2. You can also apply to rely on a further witness statement setting out your concerns. The risk is that this will be in jeopardy the fact finding hearing, they will also allow for a response. I asked if some of the concerns you have were recorded in the contact notes when the other person had contact with the children. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 8 days ago.

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question?