James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

When my wife and I married in 2010, she moved into my house,

Customer Question

When my wife and I married in 2010, she moved into my house, then afterwards she sold 100% of her house to her children. Since Inherited money with which i paid into my personal bank account, and bought a narrowboat. My wife contibuted about 2% towards this boat. What I need to know is if I went to live on the boat, and relinquish the domestic bills that I pay for on the house (no mortgage) whilst I fund the boat running costs, if we divorce will she have a right to 50% of our house and boat, given that she forfeited her house in favour of her kids.If I leave the marital home, not for another woman, but due to incompatibility, and her emotional abuse, registered with my GP, would she gain 50% of the house.On our wills she accepted that 85% of our assets go to my children on my death and 15% to her children. Would a court award that 85% to me in divorce? We have been married almost 8 years, however she won’t engage with any of my family. The emotional abuse to me is registered on my medical record. My family and neighbours know of it too.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Did you live together prior to the marriage if so for how long

What happened to the money for her house?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we lived together on and off - about 6 months before marrying. Living in my house. All The money from her house was shared with her four adult children plus leaving her with capital for herself.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No don’t call me please. It’s late and wife around. I have to wait for clear opportunity.