James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have an issue with the executor of my mother's will who

Customer Question

I have an issue with the executor of my mother's will who has abused his position as a trustee and acted alone for a number of years when there were 3 trustees originally, and was never supposed to be run by a single one person. He has used almost the entire cash fund to pay himself fees.
Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I am in London, UK
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: He has itemized his expenses which are excessive! All other beneficiaries of the will who stood to gain from the sale of a property have signed a document drawn by a lawyer stating they have no interest in the property and would wish it to be transferred to her only child, me except this trustee is finding all sorts of excuses to stall this transaction and continuing to drain the remaining fund. It's very complicated and would really like to be able to meet with someone if possible...
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know! Only I have appointed another trustee to try and get some balance and who is also on my side. She has all paperwork and the copy of the will, so she would be the best person to be communicating with, I'm really just making the initial enquiry to see if we have a case
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon. I will try to assist with your question but need more info first - also i apologise if delayed in replying

when did your mother die?

who is this executor?

and the will leaves you all the estate? if not who are the other people?