Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

I have made an agreement with my ex wife to. reduce spousal

Customer Question

I have made an agreement with my ex wife to. reduce spousal maintenance by half in February last as I have more than halved my working hours and I am in 50 50. spirit with another person she agreed. but now I got a letter looking for the full amount and she is threatening legal action and she is looking for back payments .I. suppose I have no option now but to apply to the courts for adjustment as retirement is only months away I am 67.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 13 days ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Find someone if you can
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 12 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to assist. You are right in that you will probably need to apply to the court for a variation. There is a really helpful article here that explains the process, that may be of use to you: https://flip.co.uk/maintenance-variations-top-tips-and-the-process-by-james-pirrie/

Is there anything further I can assist with please?