How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Collins Your Own Question
Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 260
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Peter Collins is online now

I have made an agreement with my ex wife to. reduce spousal

Customer Question

I have made an agreement with my ex wife to. reduce spousal maintenance by half in February last as I have more than halved my working hours and I am in 50 50. spirit with another person she agreed. but now I got a letter looking for the full amount and she is threatening legal action and she is looking for back payments .I. suppose I have no option now but to apply to the courts for adjustment as retirement is only months away I am 67.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 13 days ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Find someone if you can
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 12 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to assist. You are right in that you will probably need to apply to the court for a variation. There is a really helpful article here that explains the process, that may be of use to you:

Expert:  Peter Collins replied 12 days ago.

Is there anything further I can assist with please?