13262538

Ex partner pregnant - wants me to give up rights due to fall

Customer Question

Ex partner pregnant - wants me to give up rights due to fall out. Where do I stand in regards ***** ***** rights?
I am under the impression that if my name is ***** ***** the birth certificate i have no legal right to the child unless disputed?
Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Expert:  Clare replied 5 days ago.

You are correct - if your name is ***** ***** the Birth Certificate you will have no automatic rights at all - although of course, you could apply to the court for contact if you wish.

In any event there is no way that you can "give up your rights" - unless the child is adopted1

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you :)
Expert:  Clare replied 5 days ago.

You are most welcome