13262538

I was accused of assaukt by my ex partner in Jan, found not

Customer Question

I was accused of assaukt by my ex partner in Jan, found not guilty before it went to trial in early May, but am no longer residing in the house. My ex offered me 10k as long as so signed an agreement but that was impossibly binding. I responded with an alternative version and was willing to negotiate but she has now withdrawn it and said she will split the possessions.I can prove, via bank statements and receipts, that I paid for the vast majority of possessions using equity from my own house sale; these include beds, tv's etc in her children's rooms. Do I have legal right to reclaim will the possessions I can prove I paid for and does thst affect splitting possessions we paid for as a couple afterwards?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Please confirm whether or not you are married to each other?

How old are the children?

Who owns the house?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not married, kids are 17 and 14, joint mortgage with am existing Declaration of Trust to cover payment of an additional loan and equity split.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

What does the Declaration of Trust say?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Approx 250k, mortgage 140k.She gets first 130k equity then we split anything above and I have to pay her 383 for the next 30 months.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

So the only assets are the contents

Since you are not married and the children are not yours then so far as the contents are concerned what you paid for belongs to you; what your partner pays for belongs to her and any items purchased with joint funds have to be divided between you

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Response was too long. Sorry
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry - not sure when you sent your reply - I have been out all day

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, response took too long.