Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

My ex and childs father was thretning to kill me partner me

Customer Question

Hi my ex and childs father was thretning to kill me partner me and his family im afraid to bring my son to him since this happend and i also had a miscarriage two days ago i dont want any more stress im confused what to do in this situation as im afraid for my son right now his father has always been abusing me emotionally
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope to be able to help you with your question. Essentially, you should make an appointment as soon as possible to see a local family law solicitor.

You may have grounds to apply for a non-molesatation order, to prevent you ex partner from harassing you. In normal circumstances, legal aid would be available for this type of application, so it shouldn't cost you a fortune to apply for the order.

There is then the issue of contact generally to consider, and you may feel that with the death threats etc, you are not comfortable with contact at ths time. If you simply can't agree with your ex, you will most certainly end up in court where a judge will have to make the decision about contact for you. He/ she would obviously take into account the history.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im in ireland . What does the non molesation order would do ? Also im afraid to take my son to him as his not stable his mother is there most of the time my son has said to me he leaves him alone at the playground and one time he was calling for his daddy and his daddy didnt hear him im afraid his leaving my son in denger what can i do about this ? Also he hasnt payed maintance we have been to cpurt about 4 times and noone has ever made him to step up he also ignored the last court date and never showed up

Are you living in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland? I have to ask as I am a UK barrister. If it's Northern Ireland then the following will apply: https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence/print

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Republic of Ireland

OK, I'm not a specialist in ROI but I can direct you to this link which sets out the remedies (very similar to the UK) that are available to you: http://familylawirelandhq.com/barring-orders-safety-orders-protection-orders-domestic-violence-remedies/

I hope this helps.

Hello, I hope that my response helped you and I would appreciate your 5 star rating if you have a moment to rate. Many thanks! Peter