How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I transferred my share of the marital home into my wife's

Customer Question

I transferred my share of the marital home into my wife's name whem we divorced. Am I entitled to a share of the proceeds of sale when the child is 18 years of age?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Was there a financial agreement sealed by the court which led to your doing this

have you remarried?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I transferred the property into my exwife's name when I left due to her infidelity. I filed for divorce and moved home. Our son then 2 years of age lived with his mother. He is now 25 years of age. There were no financial arrangements made and I have not remarried.Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

What happened to the mortgage?

which part of the Uk are you in?