13262538

I am divorcing in serbia but we also own assets in the uk.

I am divorcing in serbia but we also own assets in the uk.How will the uk assets be split-which law /court shall be dealing with these assets given that serbian courts have already started the divorce process in serbia. Both me and my husban hold dual citizenship- UK and Serbian.We were married in serbia, under serbian law, back in 2006.My husban is a well off investment banker , with significant savings and pension.He bought our family property in his own name.I own few btl properties, which I acquired from my own savings and am heavily in debts but my husband claims he will take everything from me.We returned back to serbia almost 5 years ago. We both permanently live there now.We have been separated for year and a half now.I have since acquired another 2 Properties in the uk with 75% mortgage and 25% equity which was 100% from my own savings.Can my husband claim assets which I acquired since separation?He holds high position and earns good salary.I am in employment now and have decent salary as well. I would happily allow him to keep all his wealth (bank savings, his pension, uk family flat) but he is keen to take everything away from me, including my hard earned btl portfolio which is leveraged highly

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Just for clarity - the divorce and finances are being dealt with in Serbia?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correct. Both are being dealt by the court in Serbia. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Clare

Are you aware that the site makes an extra charge for a phone call

If the Serbian Court is dealing with the financial side of the divorce then they will also deal with how the UK assets are shared between you

It is Serbian law which will determine how your property acquired after separation will be dealt with

I am sorry that the news is not better - please ask if you need further details