How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35509
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

There's a court order in place that states my daughter was

This answer was rated:

There's a court order in place that states my daughter was to live with me and see her dad. and I was not to remove her from her school, Hampshire or face being arrested. this was made last year. this may 2018, my daughter who is 12 suddenly decided to live with her dad, I didn't contest this as it would cost me to attend court and she had made a choice. she's 12. however I have only seen her twice since May and I now know for certain that he has left Hampshire and returned to Lancashire with my daughter. what can I do?. to add he has applied to court for custody and I'm yet to receive these papers and attend court. I'm not happy that he has taken her out of Hampshire what can I do??

I am afraid that you will have to make your own application to court to prevent the move (a prohibited steps order form C100) and also seek an order the you can spend time with your daughter (form 100). You can often do these cases without a lawyer and to help I have attached a link to a great book which should help -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars


Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thanks