How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3042
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Is this free Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest

This answer was rated:

hello is this free
Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Customer: im looking for advice on getting SGO revoked
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no not daugher being hit and been moved to somewhere else and the other girls cant be around person on own
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: county durham
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that its an emergancy

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am here to assist, as best I can. If this is an emergency situation, have you contacted either social services or the police?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hi yes i have contacted social workers and they got the police involved.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i not very good on a call i prefure to type

OK. Ignore the phone request - the site does this automatically.

So, your daughter is now in the care of social services?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
well i dont really know. they have 5 of my daughters with them and i was told by one of the others that the one thats been asking for help has been took to the SGO sisters house and told them other not aloud around the abuser on own
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry its really hard to explain
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have 5 girls living under a SGO. I was seeing them weekly at first and then they dropped it to every 2 weeks and then one of my daughter's come to see me and said that she had been dragged through a chair and bruised all her legs. I reported this to social worker. Nothing was done and I was stopped for seeing them for 9 months I begged and begged and then they said I could see them once a been seeing them once a month up till last September. My other daughter text me asking for help he hit her called her a slag and stuff so I rang social workers they went to school to see her she told then everything she told me. Made her go back there and she told them either I told her to say it oh I made it up. I not seen them for a full year and out the blue my other daughter this is the 3rd one that's told me she been getting hit saying he going to strangle her. Rang social workers and they been to see her at school and they can't tell me anything else. She wants to come home with me.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there it explains a little more

OK. Thank you, ***** ***** clear things up. And can you just clarify, were there court proceedings with social services involved before the SGO was made?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hi yes there was i did have them taking off me. but that was nearly 9 years ago and things have changed.i still have there two bothers with me and i dont have social worker in my life

OK, this is important information. You would have to demonstarte a real change of circumstances, which it sounds like you may be able to do. It may actually be the case though, that as social services are going to have to deal with the fallout of this, that they may be now in support of you having the children. They would obviously have to do an up to date assessment of you and while this goes on there is a good chance that the children would have to be moved into temporary foster care, if the SGO placement has broken down. In this case, they might make the application themselves to court to discharge the SGO, rather than you having to do this (and fund this) yourself. Being in regular contact with the social workers is really key here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thank you. is there any way i can apply to the court to put case forword?thanks

You can apply yourself, yes. You would need the permission of the court to make the application in the first instance but this is where the change in circumstances arguments some in.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
either way i will have to wait on social worker to asses me yes?

There would have to be an assessment before the court can go against its previous court order, yes.

But this wouldn;t stop you applying, the assessment would come after the application, as you can state a change of circumstances in the application and then they can assess at that point.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thank you for your help
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thats great thank you very much

My pleasure. If you can take a second to rate me with 5 stars I will be credited with answering your question this evening. I wish you the best of luck. Kind regards, Peter

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello the social worker went to school and told her she has to back. But she rang me after school crying. She asked my sister to go get her and they have. What else can I do? Please help

Hello, it's not completely clear from your message what has gone on, but I think the social worker has told your daughter she has to go back to the SGO placement - is this your sister or has she gone to your sister instead of going back the SGO placement (I need to know who the SGO is with, basically). And can you tell me how old your 5 daughters that are under the SGO are, please?