How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35446
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex is due her baby next month and I believe I'm the

This answer was rated:

My ex is due her baby next month and I believe I'm the father of the kid, I try to make contact with her but she ignoring me , I want to know if the baby mine and want to take parental responsibility from the baby if proven mine ,
Assistant: What steps has your ex taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Dunno think she used me for a kid
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex live in?
Customer: She lives in Polegate , East Sussex
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If proven mine can I contest the birth certificate

Let me see if I can help. If she is refusing to contact you then you should get a solicitor to write to her indicating that you want a DNA test and to be recorded on the birth certificate. There is little you can do other than that until the child is born. You can then immediately apply to the court for a DNA test (if this is not done before and by consent), for parental responsibility and also to spend time with the child. This is all done on a form C100. I have also to help you attached a link to a great book which explains the court process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars for my time.

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you