How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3042
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Assistant: How can I help? My children have been taken for

This answer was rated:

Good morning
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My children have been taken for 72 hours based on allegations my autistic son has made... we have not being explained anything and the only contact we have is with my older son I need to know what happens next?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: I dont know anything! they were taken Friday afternoon
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: without more explanation than my son (who frequently does this) has acused my husband and I of causing him injuries
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been asking for help with my son to SS for 7 years and have been ignored... just the night before my son was violent, and i ask the police officer to get help and they refused... however, the following day they did this!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont know anything about the other children... what do I need to be prepared for?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how long before I get my answer?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to advise you today. I'm just reviewing your question.

Where do you live? And who took the children, the police or social services? Were you given any paperwork or shown a court order?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I live in Lincoln
The police took them for 72 hours they have said... but then they couldnt confirm my children will come back home tomorrow.
No paperwork given
Nothing at all!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I live in Lincoln
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you there?

Yes, sorry. The police have 72 hours, as you state. They will be with a local authority foster carer this weekend. After the 72 hours are up, they either have to return the children or the local authority will have to apply for an order that they remain in foster care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will they obtain the order on Monday?, will i be able to see my children?

Th local authority would have to obtain the order on Monday, yes. They will also have to make provision for you to see the children, of course, if the decision is for them to remain in foster care. You can object to the order - if they do proceed down the court route you will have a solicitor and you can argue your case that they should be returned immediately.

You did request a phone call at the start of this - is it something that would still assist? I appreciate you will have a lot of questions as it doesn't seem like the authorities have explained anything to you at all.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How soon can I get a solicitor to take over my case Monday is tomorrow?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have requested the call

Please do come back to me if you have further questions. Peter

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you!, i have contacted the SS requesting information regarding having contact with the twins but the person on duty claimed to have no information regarding my children and asked me to call tomorrow.

That's appalling. I hope that tomorrow you get a lot more in the way of communication and answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so much, I am really hoping for a better day tomorrow. Good evening!

I also hope that you have some answers tomorrow. Kind regards.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good morning! Is it of any use to collect evidence for when the hearing takes place... I have not heard anything yet; however my son has been reported for violence and mixing reality with fiction in many occasions. all instances have been reported. Do you think we will be heard or just been asked to attend?

I'm so sorry I wasn't available earlier today. Have things panned out as we suspected?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good evening!
No, my children are back home... all except Gabby. They have offered to keep him for 2 weeks under section 20 to protect our safety; however, we have not been explained why all this is happening or which allegations Gabby has made?
This is an extremely confusing situation.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they have said they will come round on Wednesday to explain further... they have been dodging all our questions and everyone claims not to know the answers to our questions?!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have you ever come across a situation like this one before?

OK, this is odd.I'm going to call, if that's ok? There's no charge, I just want to check in with you. Peter