How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3751
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

My daughters partner has walked out on before giving birth

This answer was rated:

my daughters partner has walked out on before giving birth to their first child.Their daughter has been born and he has started to threaten her with taking the baby away from her
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: nothing at the moment. these might just be nasty threats , however after the baby is just ten days old and she is still recovering from the birth she is feeling extremely venerable
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: england
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Hello, he would have shared parental responsibility so could see his child but he cannot take her away from her Mother - to do so would be child abduction and you could report him to the Police.

I would report him to the Police in any event and ring the 101 Police number so that if any further threats were to be made, the Police would go and speak to him. From a civil law perspective it would be easy to apply for an injunction against him too, however, the Police should be your first port of call for this.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a star rating, I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. The father has a 10 year old son he is apparently not allowed to see, is there a method by which my daughter can find out the reason for this? She seems to be unable to get an answer from him as to why this is

It's difficult as your daughter would have to involve the family court and he would have to state why he was not allowed to see his 10 year old - without court proceedings the data would be difficult to obtain. It clearly shows what his character is like though so the Police would take any threat of abduction seriously

JimLawyer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you