Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I am a named heir of my grandmas will. I received £10k from

I am a named heir of my grandmas will. I received £10k from my dad who said he was holding it for me in 2009. She passed away in March 2009 and I received the money in July/August 2009. I’ve asked my mum verbally can I see the will, she said yes. I then asked if I could see the will from the probate office. She then said it was for named people only ands he didn’t think I was on it.I received a telephone call when on holiday from a solicitor offering free advice. The solicitor recorded the conversation. I was unsure if any family members told me. I’m certain that my grandma told me but I didn’t want to lie and said no one had told me?My question is, can I still see the will and testament, probate and grant for my grandmas estate. I understand this recording can be used against me in a court of law. My grandma genuinely did tell me I was an heir/ beneficiary but I said no at the time of conversation as it was a long time ago.As I am a named heir to her will and testament. Under British law, can I still view the will and testament of my grandma? Or can it be blocked before I view the will.I am in a difficult position. The family don’t like me as it is. They only visit when I’m not in. I basically want to see the documents to put my mind at ease. I believe or at least think I got a lot more than £10k because her estate was £441k plus a house which was sold. I don’t know where I stand legally. I don’t mind about family life as we only see each other once a year at Christmas. I know that sounds bad.After that recorded telephone conversation, can I still apply to the probate court and can it just be blocked. Me called a liar who is trying to get more money and face a prison sentence before I even get to view the will and testament.I really am in a pickle and I wasn’t informed I had to pay tax on the £10k.I think the family resented the will and testament, didn’t show it me and gave me £10k to pretend that was it. I know the accusation is fraud. I know the family will fall out with me and probably be kicked out of home. My mum did say she didn’t have any objections from showing me the will but couldn’t find it. I said I’d rather go to probate. She said she didn’t know how to do this but I said I’d find out to put my mind at ease.

Yes you are entitled to see this information and there is nothing anyone can do to stop you. You can order copies of documents online. They cost £10 each - you can pay by debit or credit card. I attach the link _ https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Please rate five stars for my time

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is no information of named people online. Just the executors
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The will was made in 1985, I was only a toddler then
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It’s hard accusing your own family of fraud but I need to see with my own eyes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ll have to apply to the probate court, they’ll block it I’m feeling and use the recorded telephone conversation against me. My grandma definitely told me I was an heir, unfortunately she’s passed away
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don’t worry, we can talk on here instead
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you see my predicament

If you put the deceased details and year of death in then you’ll be able to get the will.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ve seen the one from 1985 but would like to see the one held at probate court. They will object to that

It will be the same

please remember to rate five stars for my time

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I doubt that very much. I know it’s an offence I’m accusing. Can you let me know my position to viewing the one held at the probate court due to the recorded telephone conversation
That will make no difference
Customer: replied 2 months ago.