How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35307
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My daughter ex partner is not keeping to there agreemeent

This answer was rated:

My daughter ex partner is not keeping to there agreemeent around contact , he regularly comes up with excuses not to be able to return their 3 year old back home , my daughter does not drive , nor does he but he gets family to assist , she lives about 40 mins away from him , today he said he could not do it again she agreed to meet him half way if he got the train but he refused , should she suggest they go to mediation and cease contact untill tbis is sorted , she has another child and is pregnant , her new partner drives and it seems her ex expects them to drop everthing if he hasnt arranged a lift
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No this is an agreement between them
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: She lives in Essex he lived in Suffolk
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really , he tends to lie and shes never sure what is the truth

Is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you i am a social worker and just wanted to check where she stands around tbis isdue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If there is no order in place then she can cease the contact unless and until the issue is resolved. The starting point would be mediation (a MIAM) to try and resolve the issue of handover. The fact is that he is breaching the agreement. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 star

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thankyou for confirming what i thought it is reassuring

My pleasure and please rate 5 stars for my time.

Thomas Judge and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you