Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My daughter ex partner is not keeping to there agreemeent

My daughter ex partner is not keeping to there agreemeent around contact , he regularly comes up with excuses not to be able to return their 3 year old back home , my daughter does not drive , nor does he but he gets family to assist , she lives about 40 mins away from him , today he said he could not do it again she agreed to meet him half way if he got the train but he refused , should she suggest they go to mediation and cease contact untill tbis is sorted , she has another child and is pregnant , her new partner drives and it seems her ex expects them to drop everthing if he hasnt arranged a lift
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No this is an agreement between them
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: She lives in Essex he lived in Suffolk
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really , he tends to lie and shes never sure what is the truth

Is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No thank you i am a social worker and just wanted to check where she stands around tbis isdue
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Issue

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If there is no order in place then she can cease the contact unless and until the issue is resolved. The starting point would be mediation (a MIAM) to try and resolve the issue of handover. The fact is that he is breaching the agreement. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 star

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thankyou for confirming what i thought it is reassuring

My pleasure and please rate 5 stars for my time.