Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My husband and I have separated two weeks I left our rented

My husband and I have separated two weeks I left our rented home with our two children 8 and 6 to stay on my friends floor the children went to their father who still lives in the house fircweekend and he won’t give them back
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No what do I need to do
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Hertfordshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Then you would have to make an urgent application to the court to be allowed to see your children and revert to the original order. You can do this on a form C100 - you would be applying for a child arrangement order and specific issue order to see the children. To help you I have also attached both the form and also a link to a great book which will explain easily the court process - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Please rate 5 stars