How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35307
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My husband and I have separated two weeks I left our rented

This answer was rated:

My husband and I have separated two weeks I left our rented home with our two children 8 and 6 to stay on my friends floor the children went to their father who still lives in the house fircweekend and he won’t give them back
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No what do I need to do
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Hertfordshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Then you would have to make an urgent application to the court to be allowed to see your children and revert to the original order. You can do this on a form C100 - you would be applying for a child arrangement order and specific issue order to see the children. To help you I have also attached both the form and also a link to a great book which will explain easily the court process -

Please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you