Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

I need to apply for access to my children Assistant: Where

I need to apply for access to my children
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Mid Glamorgan my children are in Swansea
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None whatsoever ,I've had my children every weekend for the last 18 months,and now their mother has stopped me
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,just want access phonecalls have been blocked and arrangement have ceased

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Is there any reason at all why this has happened?

How old are your children please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I be been on holidays over the Christmas period from the 2nd/01 19 and returned 09/02/19 my messages and arrangements have ceased and number blocked
My children are 4 and 2.years of age
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Only need to know how to apply for a court order
Can't afford the expense after getting divorced and CSA payments

OK, they are still young, so would not be having a say about whether they have contact or not.

So here's what you need to do:

The process to get access is started by booking a mediation assessment appointment - see here for a link to find your local mediator:

http://www.nfm.org.uk/

It is a legal requirement to try mediation before you can apply to court.

Following that, if the mediation does not succeed (we assume it wont, given that access has been stopped altogether), you will have to apply to the family court for a child arrangements order, setting out the contact that you would like. This is on form c100:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

The application costs £215.00, and you can represent yourself throughout this type of proceedings so you don't need to engage a lawyer.

Does that clear things up for you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thankyou

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter