How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5982
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My ex husband has breached an undertaking given to a family

This answer was rated:

Hi my ex husband has breached an undertaking given to a family court in May 2018. He undertook to the Court that by 4pm on the 31st December 2018, he would provide to me details of the mortgage payments, council tax payments and utility bills and providers (with copies of bills and all relevant paperwork) to enable me to arrange for the transfer of the payments due when his liability for periodical payments ceases under the terms of the order.
Assistant: What steps has your ex-husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: He has not responded to several emails/text messages/letters from myself asking him to provide the necessary paperwork
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex-husband live in?
Customer: The court is in Romford
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

I'm just reviewing your question.

You may be looking at enforcement proceedings.

There is an option to apply to the court in a general enforcement application, rather than specifying what type of order you are seeking.

This is what a recent government report says about this type of order:

"The general enforcement application is a procedure that allows a creditor to apply for “an order for such method of enforcement as the court may consider appropriate” rather than having to apply for any specific method of enforcement. The procedure is particularly useful for litigants in person who may not know where to start in enforcing their unpaid order.

A general enforcement application triggers a process requiring the debtor to attend court, produce documents and answer questions about his or her finances with the objective of enabling the court to decide which enforcement method is most appropriate. The court is then able to choose from a “menu” of certain enforcement methods."

You can apply here:

Does this assist?

Is there anything I can clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really appreciate your help,

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you