Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My step daughter and husband are blocking my wife's access

My step daughter and husband are blocking my wife's access to her grandchildren. I too am excluded, being called a paedophile and gay of which neither is true.
My wife is distraught and turned to alcohol to block out the separation from both daughter and grandchildren.
We have tried to talk with them but it is rejected. Christmas presents were accepted for the grandchildren but presents for step daughter and husband were literally thrown back at us. My wife's daughter is abusive to my wife whilst they are both abusive to myself.My primary concern is for my wife who is greatly suffering. We are unsure if the accusations are published on any social media - we've been blocked from any contact.Not willing to exacerbate the situation further, we just want to know our standing in law.

Would you like to know about contact>?

What is your actual question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do we have any recourse in law to gain access to grandchildren and can we stop the verbal abuse and defamation of character legally- everything else seems to have failed

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. From what you have written you would have to apply for a child arrangements order on a form C100 to be able to spend time the grandchildren. It is a straightforward application. I have attached the form - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

I have to help you attached a link to a great book which explains the court process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars form time.

Within any court proceedings you can seek an undertaking to protect yourself from defamation. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars for my time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Form c100 seems to be for child’s parents and not for grandparents?

No. Grandparents must use this form as well. Please rate 5 stars for my time