Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Do grandperents have rights to see grand childens, no not

Customer Question

do grandperents have rights to see grand childens
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what rights we have
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 3 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Technically yes. The courts will entertain applications made by grandparents to see their grandchildren. If the parents are being difficult about contact then you should make an application to the court for a formal order on a form C100 - for a child arrangements order. You need to ask for permission to make the application (its the same form). To help further I have attached a link to an excellent book which explains the court process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Please rate 5 stars

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

So that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. Thanks - just a "Yes, thanks"