Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I am concerned that my son and his wife are going to split

Customer Question

i am concerned that my son and his wife are going to split up before very long and i may suspect that his wife may be having an affair, they have a house and two children aged 12 and 10,
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no just asking as to where my son stands should he want to keep on the house and take care of the children
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: so in order to decide who has what are you saying this would have to go to a court to decide
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: if my son and his wife decided to split what are the first steps my son should take ?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.

Who is the child's primary carer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
m son as his wife often travels varios parts of the country

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. On that basis he has a good chance of the children living with him and spending time with their mother. He should think about making an application to the court for a child arrangements order (if matters can not be agreed with the mother). He can do this on a form C100 - it confirms by the court with whom the children should live. I have to help you further attach a link to a great book which explains in simple fashion the court process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

So that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. Thanks - just a "Yes, thanks"