How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4480
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Im currently living and working overseas I have been ordered

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Im currently living and working overseas I have been ordered to attend court on a maintenance issue on 2 august
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i fell in arrears and have been paying off the arreas at £80 per month my ex partner also lives abroad Holland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I have but she is unable to help as she says it involves child maintenance service
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you.

How can I help with this, please?

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Peter Id like to know what my options are as I said Im now residing in Saudi and Dubai and dont envisage coming back to the UK in the near future if ever
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Peter its been a couple of days what would you suggest

Hello. For some reason this thread timed out - apologies I did not see your response as a result.

How much are the arrears?

Do you dispute them?
Do you have means to pay them now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Peter, I dont dispute them well i do and and I dont but its too time consuming arrears £9,000 im paying the arrears off at £80 per month
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but as i said im now living and working in Saudi and will not be able to attend court on 2 August

OK. Have you contacted the court to explain that it is not possible to attend?

You could consider asking about attending via telephone.

You could also send a lawyer to represent you, without you being there in person.