How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4413
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I need a legal aid solicitor to represent me in England?

This answer was rated:

I need a legal aid solicitor to represent me in England?
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I’m in Northern Ireland..I’ve been advices to seek legal council also in England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve bin to the high court this morning but it was adjourned until tomorrow to gather more evidence etc
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My kids wre born in England n I have broken a child arrangement order
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to challenge the order to return my kids to London..can u please help me??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm happy to see what I can do - can you explain a little more about the situation please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My children were born in England where a child arrangement order was put in place to stop me taking them to Northern Ireland which I’ve broken..I’ve just been to court and an enforcement order has bin placed against me to return the children within 7 days..I really need someone to help represent me in an English court..can u please help me? My number is *****

Which court is the case being heard in, in the UK?

Do you have a copy of the enforcement order?
Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
High court in London and no as I’ve agreed to the kids going back..I just know my ex partner will make it very hard for me to see my kids now..this has destroyed me..I just need help

OK. I'll help as best I can with advice and guidance, but you will most likely need to make an application to have contact re-instated if it is going to be withheld now.

What was the 'arrangement' in the child arrangements order?
How old are the children?

Is there a further court date in the UK listed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It most likely will be withheld from me as soon as they go back..they are 5 and 3..and no court date is London as of yet


As you removed them without permission and in contravention of the court order there will be some backlash I'm afraid.

You will have to demonstrate that this is not going to be a risk again.

What contact did you each have ordered prior to you removing the children and when did you go to NI?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I came back to Northern Ireland after the Easter holidays...previously in London I had them Tuesday til Thursday and alternate weekends

OK, so shared care effectively.

If the court has not made an order altering the child arrangements order, just enforcing it, in theory things could return to the previous arrangement. But if the other parent makes the case for a real danger of you doing this again, then your contact may be limited certainly for the short term.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was told that may be the case..I want to fight for myself to have residency..I can’t bear the thought of not being with my kids..I’m desperate for help


Unless there is a change in circumstances, the court would not necessarily grant you more 'lives with' time than you had previously.

Have you considered whether you can engage a mediator as soon as you bring the children back to agree some temporary arrangements?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can’t affird anything anything as I’m not working due to being my sons carer..I just want a chance to get my kids back

OK. You may qualify for legal aid for both mediation and court. A mediator will be able to go through an application with you.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me - but bear in mind this is an email service and not live chat so you may not get an instant reply.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank u I would appreciate any help u can give me..I know ur probably very busy but I would appreciate it greatly if u could contact me??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I feel so lost
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will u please contact me??

I can speak to you but there is a charge for the telephone call - I'm sorry about that. You can request a call through the call me link in the thread. But it may actually be more helpful to you if we speak when you know what the response is when you return to London with the children and find what the agreement/ lack of agreement actually is.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank u..I’m so sorry I can’t ring u I cannot afford to at the moment and my financial situation is going to worsen after they leave..

OK. I'm really sorry but I can't call without payment.

But if you have specific questions you want to ask the thread remains open and I'll always do my best to come back to you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can u pls represent me in London when it goes to court?? Thanks so much for getting back to me..

I can't offer that through this site, but if you were looking to find a barrister to represent you and funds are an issue, because of the enforcement and international side of things you may find that someone at the bar pro bono unit can assist for no charge - see here for how to contact them to see if they can help:

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank u again for ur help

My pleasure.