C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

I would like a letter stating my caring responsibilities

I would like a letter stating my caring responsibilities towards my underage brother to provide it to my university as to whom it may concern letter
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I am currently overseas

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello

Sure, it can be arranged, any deadlines as to when the letter must be sent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to know how much that would cost me

How lengthy must the letter be and what is the deadline in regards ***** ***** production of the letter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the faster the better thats for sure
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
lets say before tomorrow
if thats possible
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1 page or maybe shorter
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but not more than that
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
another question is, how can i get a legal guardianship document of my brother?

Sure, it can be arranged before tomorrow.

The general cost for such a service is £100-150, depending on circumstances.

Are your parents no longer alive?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they are
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
let me fill you in
I am a 3rd year international medical student and I have been allocated to somewhere for my placements; However, as my brother will be joining me, I have appealed the process of my allocation, but they have rejected my appeal and they requested the following letters
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
point 2.1.4
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
from my understanding of the law. I cannot obtain a legal guardianship of my brother unless he has resided with me for at least a year prior to the application to the local family court; however, an informal kinship order can be arranged between the parents (my parents) and the relative (myself)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
now out of these documents I am able to provide them with the birth certificate as well as proof of address but not the rest
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what is your advice

Generally, legal guardians are only effective if the parents have deceased.

Furthermore, based on your circumstances, it would be impossible to obtain such a document.

You need to meet the following:

Anyone with whom the child has lived for at least three years out of the last five years.

You are a relative of the child and the child has resided with you for at least one year immediately pre-dating an application for a Special Guardianship Order.

My advice would be to send an explanatory letter stating that the required documents are impossible to produce and therefore not applicable to your case.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
would you advice to obtain "a letter from a professional" (yourself) and attach it to the explanatory letter
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also as this is an area that I am definitely an expert of, would you be able to provide me with such a document
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
as long it is coming from a lawyer, it should be authenticated enough for the university to accept it

I would advise in general for the legal professional to draft the letter.

Thus, it's rather important to have a tertiary perspective on the matter.

It can be arranged, yes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
saying so
How much would that cost me?

Depends on the amount of time and work required, as you can imagine, I have enormous volume of work and clients.

Probably around £150-200, that would be a preliminary assessments of costs, but it should not exceed the sum.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
would you be able to send me an empty template of the letter

For the explanatory letter?

Also, please don't forget to rate the answer, otherwise, I'm not remunerated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is also worth to mention that they have used this criteria which is only used for Foundation Year Doctors, rather than for medical students; however, they have justified that by saying it was only used for guidance.
Also, what sort of background information would you require me to provide you .Apologies I though I only rate it right at the end.

Information about your circumstances, location, university, dispute, the result you are looking for, etc.

You can rate the answer at anytime and we can continue discussing in here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am a 2nd Year medical student at the University of Central Lancashire.
as part of the transition to the clinical phase (year 3-5), we get allocated to either East Lancs Trust / West Cumbria Trust according to our preference. Since the whole batch chosen East Lancs, as its easier to commute, we were asked to provide reasons to not to be allocated to Whitehaven (west cumbria).This was in February when we were asked to provide reasons. during April, we have received emails of our allocations. 24 student were randomly allocated, including myself.Following that, I have applied for extenuating circumstances of which It has been rejected on the 4th of April. However, my brother has received his offer on the 5th of April. Therefore, I have appealed the process, attaching the required documents in point 2.1.4 except the letter from a professional as well as the legal guardianship, instead I have provided a letter from my father that indicates his confirmation of myself being a guardian for my brother when his course commences next September.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am looking to re-appeal the decision
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the Appeal decision email

If we have to proceed with the service, it has to be done via email, not in here, due to privacy laws and regulations.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
perfect
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry mistakenly attached it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have sent you some background info
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please let me know if you need anything else