How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35925
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My husband is not sending my son with me, my parents are

This answer was rated:

My husband is not sending my son with me, my parents are coming to see me this summer and we will be staying in London for one month. I told my husband and he says my son is not allowed to stay with them overnight and I can not leave my parents on their own because they are elderly persons. I live in Kent - Tunbridgewells
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet just got the message from my husband, and also my husband is holding my son's passport and never allow him to travel with me anywhere. This is been happening for nearly 6 years. We both are married couple live in the same house, my son is 11.6 years old.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Tunbridge wells county council
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do have few more questions about what are the steps I can take and how can I take my son with me to London.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot talk to you right now I can send you an email or happy to chat

Is there a court order?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No never been to the court so far
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not get any reply from you so far
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm waiting for your reply

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Under such circumstances I would be minded to make an application to the court for a child arrangements order - you can do this on a form C100 - this is a specific court order which sets out in law the time that you should spend with the child - it is enforceable in law. It can also sort out holidays and avoid any disputes. I have to help you further attached a link to a great book which also helps explain the court process -

Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how long will it take to process as I do not much time. My parents are visiting on the 25th of July.

You can make the application online and the court can deal with urgent applications within a matter of days - they do however for more complex matters seek plus 17 days for Cafcass to get involved - but hence in light of the time frame why I would make the application straight away and make urgent. Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you let me check the application.

My pleasure

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it necessary to have a solicitor while applying for the court application or I can just fill the information and send it to the court and wait for their reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much I need to pay while sending the application and could you also advise the email address where to send the application?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, are you still there?

No. You can do it yourself. You would have to contact the local court to determine the e-mail address for that court. (was having my dinner). Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to have bothered you. Sending the court application is it going to affect our life and my son's life? I have only one son. What do you recommend at this stage? is there any other option without going to court? My husband is very tough and heart less.

You can and should also try mediation (a MIAM) which allows both parents to try and agree something before court -

PLEASE also rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not want this to break our marriage and bring a distance between my son but at the same time, I cannot leave my son on his own. He is not giving me the passport as well, for the last 6 years I have never been anywhere out with my son ( not left the country)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried mediation but no solicitor showed interest in my situation they were more happy to handle the divorce which I am not looking at this moment.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried mediation once but my husband keeps on giving the excuses he was busy, never attended not even one appointment. He was just wasting the time and there was no results.

We can get a solicitor to phone you tomorrow if you want that service and go through options such as letters before issuing court proceedings -

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The phone call should be at 4.30 pm I have to pick my son from school.

What is your number?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please call me at 4.30pm today
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
call me now please,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you going to call me now, I need to get back home to make dinner for my son.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
why didn't you call me today I was waiting for your call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when are you going to call me?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could you please write to me if I do not get any reply by today, please send me the refund.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not received any email from you as well

We tried calling

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not receive any missed call and I was waiting for you exactly at 4.30pm. Could you please call me on Saturday morning at 11 am my number is ***** Could you send me the confirmation of your call.

We can try

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm waiting for your call if you find hard to get me please do write to me your number so that I can contact you as I do not have much time to proceed further.

Call Tel: 01902 450 666

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I couldn't call you for the last two days. I will try to reach you tomorrow at 4.30PM


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just called the number which you gave me and they said nobody works in that office named Thomas Judge, could you please send me the refund I do not want to contact you anymore.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need the money sent back to me ASAP I paid 25 pounds for the phone call
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the number I called 01902 450 666

Thats the site name. The avatar