MARCUS Malin
MARCUS Malin,
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
66642005

I got advice of a mr last week i need more advice Assistant:

i got advice of a mr smith last week i need more advice
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: none
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: i spoke to one of your solicitors last week he told me to register home rights i have so but estate agents are coming to value the house tomorrow will she be able to sell before its sorted
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: its was F E Smith i spoke to

hi i am reviewing your question

it is not my expertise. i am going to opted out your question for other experts to help you.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

I presume the family home is in your wife's sole name.

On the basis that you have a Matrimonial Home Rights notice registered in your favour means that the house cannot be sold without your permission.

Just one observation is thst a Matrimonial Home Rights Notice can be removed once a Decree Absolute at which time a caution can be registered instead.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i only applied for home rights last week abd what does a caution mean please

If you want to protect your interest in a property then you do it by either a matrimonial home rights notice if you want married or a restriction - sorry not caution - at any other times.

As you are married then a Matrimonial Home Rights Notice is the best way to protect your interest.

I just commented that a MHRN can be removed when a Decree Absolute and it that happens we can register a restriction to continue your protection.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but will i be protected until land registry sort home rights thanks

Technically not but it should only take a few days for your application to be registered.

It is unlikely that she can do a great deal in that time.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thank you it was just that in line it can take up to 12 week
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i meant it said on line it can take 12 weeks

It maybe worth calling the Land Registry. The longest I have known it has taken is 5 days.

Thank you. Marcus.

MARCUS Malin,
Experience: Consultant Solicitor at Setfords