plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

We recently went back to court in front of 3 magistrates

We recently went back to court in front of 3 magistrates with Barristers for a custody hearing. I am not disappointed with the custody arrangements but during proceedings I agreed to picking the children up from my ex husbands during school holidays when we share them as I was bullied into it by his Barrister and mine did nothing! As I was subject to emotional and financial abuse during my marriage I am loathe to do this. He pays £112 per month maintenance for 2 children in total and £500 per month for his car. I only work part time and can not afford to do these trips as it would cost £10 per trip. Is there anything I can drop,ease?

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How many times in the school holidays are you expected to do this journey according to the court order?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3 times in the six week holiday which would be £30 for the month. We were at court from 9 am until 5.30 pm so I was exhausted and everyone just wanted to go home, I did say know quite a few times as he takes them nowhere, he does no after school activities or running around for them at all only picking them up to have them.

OK.

I think the cost of bringing this back to court to request the change will completely outweigh the benefit here.

It may be that for this year you have to pay the £30 across the 6 weeks (as this is in the court order) and see how things go over the coming months, with the view to maybe asking to change for next year?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** address it with our Barrister / Solicitor as it should never have happened?

You can, but if it is in the court order and this was presented to the court as agreed, then it may be difficult to change. Again the costs of challenging outweigh the benefit in my view I'm afraid.

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law