Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Not sure if this is family law Executor of will has

Not sure if this is family law
Executor of will has transfered title of property at land registry into his own name (he is not a beneficiary) is this legal or normal

Hi there I would like to help but I require some further information. Can you tell me who the deceased person is, what. relation you are to them and also what relation they are to the deceased? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am the mother in law of the deceased daughter, she is distraught and asked me to help
The deceased person is her father
There have been lots of issues in the probate and distribution of assets from this estate with large amounts of money unaccounted for but the change of ownership at land registry of the house with the new owner showing in the executors name and it is showing as purchased in mm arch 2019

Hi there I tried to get you on the phone, if you wish to call back you can get me on 0800(###) ###-#### It sounds like the executor of the Will has abused their power. What you will have to do is immediately go to a local solicitor who deals in probate. You will have to instruct the solicitor to challenge the Executor and have them removed and perhaps your daughter in law put in place. Executors of Wills have what is called a fiduciary duty to all beneficiaries of the Will by doing the above that duty is not being met. It is not normal for an executor who is not a beneficiary to transfer the title of the house into their name. I would act on this as quickly as possible you may have legal recourse to have this sorted. You will also have to act within 2 years. if you are out of time the court may consider your application under certain circumstances. I hope this helps.

I would be obliged if you could "accept" this answer and leave me a positive rating above. You can also ask any follow up questions should you have any.