SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

The situation is that i have a child with my ex partner. We

Hello the situation is that i have a child with my ex partner. We never ve been married just split up. And now we are always arguing about childcare. He wants to have our son half on half PER week but i want to give him a bit less cos i think there is not good conditions to grow for my son in his father house. What should i do in this situation? Thank you
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Still no. I didnt made any steps.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Lincolnshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know about the next steps. Cos i was reading about mendation but i think its not gonna work for my situation.

Hi, I'm Lea

Are you asking whether you can apply to court?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to know what steps should i do next and what is my rights to have a childcare of my son? Cos i want to give my son to his father just for the weekends

If you can't agree between you, and mediation has not worked, then you will need to apply to the court.

Please note that there is a requirement that you try mediation before you can apply to the court as you will need the application form to be signed off by the mediator before you can send it to court.

The form you need is called a C100, which you can find here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/734888/C100_eng_0818.pdf

The form needs to be a) signed by the mediator, b) filled in by you (you are asking for a child arrangements order) and then c) copied three times (with a fourth copy which you will keep for your own records). You will then take or send the original plus 3 copies to the family court closest to where you live.

You can find the right court here: https://www.gov.uk/find-court-tribunal

The fee for filing is £215, but you may be entitled to fee remission, see here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/634329/ex160-eng.pdf

Please accept and rate positively using the five stars at the top of the page. You can ask follow on questions after you have rated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
first of all i need to try a mediation yes? Cos to be honest i think its not gonna work for our situation.

Yes, but the mediation you have to do is called a mediation and information assessment meeting (MIAM) - they speak to you separately and then to the father separately. The mediator makes a decision as to whether mediation would work or not.

Please rate.

Kindly rate the response so I am paid for my time answering your query.