Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My husband left last year and we have a 4 year old, when he

My husband left last year and we have a 4 year old , when he left we agreed to Friday evening to Sunday am every weekend... I am trying to change this with the view of my son starting school September what rights do I have with regards ***** ***** often my husband has our son?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet, can mediation sort it out?
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Kent
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t know

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The court would allow the father to have alternate rather than weekly weekends. This is because once the child goes to school it is fairer and more appropriate for you to both have weekend. They may compensate the father by giving him a tea time contact in the week. I have to help you attached a link to a great book - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X which explains the court process and what you need to do. The form for starting the process is the C100.

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you and when the court says alternate weekends what days/nights do they mean?

It really depends. Sometimes they will say Friday to Sunday or Friday to Monday. But they would want there to be one full weekend with you and then a weekend with the father and then for this to alternate each weekend. The book should really help.