Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My Daughter reported a small unusual on her 7 week old

My Daughter reported a small unusual mark on her 7 week old baby's leg. Took him to the hospital as she was concerned for any underlying condition. Having attended the hospital my daughter and partner found themselves suspects for abuse!!! They were kept in hospital for three days while blood tests, X-Rays , scans and MRI were carried out. They were made to feel like criminals. NOTHING was found on any of the tests. The social services paid them a visit at home today and there is absolutely no concern whatsoever. However, a further skeletal survey has been scheduled for two weeks. My daughter is desperate not to put her baby through more X-rays and radiation! Can she refuse? They have found nothing and have said they have no concerns.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No nothing...
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: Central London, Camden
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it thank you!

What did the hospital say about the mark

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Couldn't decide as it didn't look like a bruise, it has faded completely. Gt Ormond street have offered to run a couple of blood tests on Thursday to use out some other minor condition!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To rule out any minor condition..

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Where there are unusual marks it is extremely important for your daughter to work with the local authority and this means getting the relevant tests done I am afraid. If she comes across as obstructive then this could raise further issues with the local authority - so whilst I appreciate that this may be difficult she needs to work with them and engage. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have complied with everything asked of them but another batch of X-rays when the original scans and X-rays have shown nothing?

As frustrating as I am sure it is - if that is the medical advice then it is very sensible for them to comply. Where parents stop complying then often the local authority will make applications to the court. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thank you for your advice.

Pleasure