Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My son is no longer with his partner they have an 11 month

My son is no longer with his partner they have an 11 month old daughter. He would like to take her on holiday aboard with me and my husband when he asked about getting a passport to his partner she said she has already got one for her can she have got a passport without him, his name is ***** ***** birth certificate and has his surname.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no papers have been filed in a family court she has her 4 days and he has 3 days this agreement that they made.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: he lives in England
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your message, it is possible for them to get a passport without informing your son and without his consent. The UK Government website advises that someone with parental responsibility must sign the application in this case that would include the mother. I hope this helps, if you could please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars in the top right of your screen then Just Answer will credit me for my time.

I should add that though she may have got a passport for the child without your son's position she cannot take the daughter out of the country without his permission unless a court order is in place. I hope this helps, if you could please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars in the top right of your screen then Just Answer will credit me for my time.