James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My sons ex partner and ex mother in law are stopping him

Customer Question

My sons ex partner and ex mother in law are stopping him seeing his daughter age 3. They have just had another baby who is 3wks old and he doesn't even know what they have called her . we have texts saying how much he loves his daughter and how much she loves her dad . they have also stopped myself and my husband and we had Skye for 3 weeks holiday leading up to the birth of her sister.His ex and her family have blocked my son and his family so as we can't contact them to sort this all out. We do not know what the process is for a mediation app
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No as the children live in England and we are in Scotland so unsure who to contact
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: The local court to the children is in Grays essex
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son just wants to see his daughter as we all do and want to know where we go from here
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 5 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Was your son married? If not, is he named on the birth certificate of either child?

What is the reason for them stopping contact?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 4 days ago.

Do you still require assistance with this?

If yes, please answer the additional questions I have asked.