Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I am separated from my husband and he needs to pay me for

Customer Question

Hi there I am separated from my husband and he needs to pay me for things things I have got in the house and also I need my saving money whixh is in both our names and he has asked me to sign an agreement for ls
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Cod ms
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: for me go get the miney
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: money
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm are you agreeing through private arrangements?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But he is expecting me to sign paper work for me to get what is mine
I understand. Ex partners who have divorced quite often disagree on the percentage of what each should get in a divorce and it is always wise to have it all in writing. Especially if you are making a private arrangement between you in the case it later goes to court. If you were to go to court all the matrimonial assets would start off with a 50/50 split (I.e the matrimonial house, pensions, savings, etc. The courts would want to see that there was an intention to create legal relations and thus a binding contract. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 4 days ago.

Hi, I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen . Otherwise I receive no credit for helping you. It is wise to have a legal contract in place, however, I would not advise to sign if you disagree as this will be legally binding and thus you cannot change your mind later.