How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARCUS Malin Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1715
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARCUS Malin is online now

I have 4 children one who is disabled. A referral went

Customer Question

Hi. I have 4 children one who is disabled. A referral went through from a speech and lang therapist said I failed to get my son medical treatment on time. However this was proven untrue. We have a social worker but he wants to do a assessment. I've said no been through it 4 times. They keep turning up un announced at my door. They are not on a child protection register. Where do I stand please
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No papers have been served. Not gone to court either. I just don't need them. I proved that my son was not in any danger. Orss not even a section 47.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: My court will come under teesside
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is going on with my answer this is absolutely ridiculous. Its a service you offer supposodly with solicitors etc but you can't even answer a simple family law question
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

I am sorry at the time it has taken for your question to be picked up.

What was the reaction of children services after you refused to agree to a further assessment.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Litrally nothing happend. They have not been to my house and they have not attempted to take my children away. I don't bother answering the door no more and iv3 had no police or anything turning up. I said if they don't close the case I will seek legal advice and make a formal complaint. I've had no more responses
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am sorry for the delay in responding.

On the basis that you have not heard anything I would hope that they have accepted your position and explanations.

If that was not the case it is most likely that you would have heard something pretty much straight away.

Thank you.


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my husband has been away in Oxford with my son while my son has surgery. However my husband left my son in a nurses care he was not present. And was in the room upstairs and my son tried to stab a nurse with a plastic knife. He has now been told they have to do a safe guarding referral however its the hospitals fault where do I stand as my husband was not present