JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I need to see my children. and my partner stop to visiting

I need to see my children. and my partner stop to visiting my children for one yaer and two months.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: l live london
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I went a lawyer and he asked me to pay 2000.00 pound upto 2500 pound. I cant afford this money so what can I do
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
are you still with me

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you this evening. I am typing the answer for you.

As a parent you have a right to regular contact with your Children.

You have a right to see them regularly and the family court will encourage this and for you to have an active part in their upbringing. The court will order arrangements for you to see them on specified days and for how long if you cannot agree this with your ex partner. You can also ask for joint custody so they live with you for part of the week if you wish.

You need to contact your ex and say you will have to apply for a child arrangements order and if you are successful then you will ask the court to order that they pay the cost.

If they continue to refuse to allow you more contact, you need to contact a mediator as the court will want to know whether you have attended mediation first before involving the court - the mediator will contact your ex and if they refuse to attend then you are free to make the application to the court. This is called “MIAM”, or a mediation assessment.

To find a mediator in your local area, use this site :

http://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/find-local-mediator

In order to apply to the court, you will need to fill out and send form C100 (copy attached) with a cheque of £215 payable to HMCTS to your local family court centre. Or you can ring the court and pay over the phone (or pay in person if you go directly to the court and pay at the counter).

If you are on low income/have low savings you can apply for a fee exemption here:

http://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

Once you apply the court will list a hearing where you and your ex attends. There will be a family advisor there too (from Cafcass) and if arrangements can be agreed then a consent order will be drawn up.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim