Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My ex partner and I can no longer communicate because I feel

Customer Question

My ex partner and I can no longer communicate because I feel he is verbally abusive. I have set several arrangements for him to have contact which he has broken. I want to apply for full custody for my child and official access arrangements now but I don't know where to start. I'm also stretched financially
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No nothing legal has ever been set up
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in the valleys but not too far from Cardiff
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 days ago.
Have you contacted the police about his behaviour
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No. I have kept records of the texts and phonecalls

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Firstly the police can serve a PIN or harassment notice on your ex. Where has threatened or harassed you then you can apply for a non molestation order. The other options is to get a solicitor to write to him. You can also at the same time apply to the court to change the children proceedings. If you want a phone call then I can go through your options with you. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 s

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

So that I can close this case can you just confirm that the question has been answered? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 days ago.

So I can close this, is you question answered? Thanks