How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35998
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Family law

This answer was rated:

Family law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a partner who has been to jail on a few occasions for drugs and abh and once gbh! On the last time he went he was put on a section 37 after 3 drs agreed he was mentally ill and has now spent 10 months in hospital! Has recently got a diaognosis if paranoid schizophrenia is complying with medication also working the psychologist doing anger management drug and alcohol and so on! I have 2 children not with him that social services got involved with when he went to jail! They said no contact with my children from him! My question is when he is discharged if he continues working with professionals taking medication giving clear drug tests for a solid period of time will social services be able to work with us if one day we wanted to live together or have children of our own?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If the local authority think that it is safe for him to come home (after undertaking all of the work and a risk assessment) then it may well be possible for him to move back in an live with you. The key for the LA will be to ensure (a) that the children are safe and (b) that your priority is the children. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou! Do you feel they would need to see a solid period of time after him being discharged of him working with professionals taking medication etc?

They normally make such decisions on a case by case basis. But I would imagine that you would seek a risk assessment just after he has done everything required by them. Please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you