Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

Family law

Family law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have a partner who has been to jail on a few occasions for drugs and abh and once gbh! On the last time he went he was put on a section 37 after 3 drs agreed he was mentally ill and has now spent 10 months in hospital! Has recently got a diaognosis if paranoid schizophrenia is complying with medication also working the psychologist doing anger management drug and alcohol and so on! I have 2 children not with him that social services got involved with when he went to jail! They said no contact with my children from him! My question is when he is discharged if he continues working with professionals taking medication giving clear drug tests for a solid period of time will social services be able to work with us if one day we wanted to live together or have children of our own?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If the local authority think that it is safe for him to come home (after undertaking all of the work and a risk assessment) then it may well be possible for him to move back in an live with you. The key for the LA will be to ensure (a) that the children are safe and (b) that your priority is the children. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thankyou! Do you feel they would need to see a solid period of time after him being discharged of him working with professionals taking medication etc?

They normally make such decisions on a case by case basis. But I would imagine that you would seek a risk assessment just after he has done everything required by them. Please rate 5 stars