How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3952
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My partners children who are 12 n 13 lived with their mother

Customer Question

My partners children who are 12 n 13 lived with their mother and a court order was put in place years ago but now they are living with him. How dies he go about changing address at school?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No as their mother is in agreement to them living with him
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Doncaster South yorkshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only can he change their address at school without having to go through court
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

He just needs to inform the school that the children are living with him.

If the mother needs to be contacted to confirm this it sounds like it should not be a problem as she is in support from what you say.

There is no need to go to court to do this.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Expert:  plclegal replied 11 hours ago.

Hello - did you receive my reply?

Can I assist you further with your question?

Kind regards,