How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 944
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

My ex works shifts and wants to have the children for the 3

Customer Question

My ex works shifts and wants to have the children for the 3 consecutive weekends he is off. I work Mon-Fri 9-5. Currently we have alternate weekends but the children do not want to stay with his new partner when he is working. The relationship was emotionally abusive and coercive and I am being pressured into this as are my children. Is it ok for me to say no to this?
JA: What steps has your ex taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex live in?
Customer: Essex
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can he force me to change the arrangements
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is anybody there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long does it take to connect
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm is this a private arrangement between you two?