Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We have a final order to sell the matrimonial home. I offer

Customer Question

we have a final order to sell the matrimonial home. I offer to my ex and he agreed. the estate agent we jointly chose gave us a figure that it will achieve and I made him on offer. He declined and stated another estate agent said the can 50 over the price that it was valued at and advise he is putting it on the market. I agreed for the said agent to come and value the property for maketing since then it has been 8 weeks the estate agent has not been out and his solicitor are not responding to all my correspondences prompting for us to move forward
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no I am not sure what to do now or what papers to file
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: dartfoRd county court
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I sent them a Mortgage in principle which his solicitors insist on and since they received it they no longer respond when I write them
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, so the final order is for you together to sell the home?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
but I offered to buy him out and he agreed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I thought he was online that was why I paid
Hi thank you for your message, I understand. You can either continue to negotiate or if you feel matters are not progressing you can apply for an order for sale for you alone. Applying to court for the Order for Sale is something that you could do yourself but I would advise you ask a solicitor to do this on your behalf. If granted this will will give you the right to take possession of the property and sell it to recover your share of the property.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.