How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3111
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Assistant: How can I help? if am a social work student soon

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: if am a social work student soon starting my placement and I have a child protection investigation am undergoing, can it impact on my qualification?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: but I have been invited for a child protection conference
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If am signing my practice agreement for placement should I indicate that am under investigation???
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 4 months ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I am afraid because of the career that you are in it is important to disclose any issues that might if established put into question your ability to deal with other people's issues. An initial child protection conference is convened following a Section 47 enquiry to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child who is suspected of, or likely to be, suffering significant harm. Now this is what as a social worker you would be organising for other families. It would therefore be in your interests to check with the senior social worker who has called for the conference if they consider at this early stage whether you should declare. It is best to be safe than to not disclose and be accused of putting other people's children in danger. I hope this is useful to you and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best